This dish was created for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was “Presentation”. I definitely dreaded this theme since my plating is kind of crap so I decided to make something simple and tried to make it prettier. Enter these Jalapenos stage right. These can go well as a side dish or if you are like me, just scarf them down for no damn reason.
- Cuisine: American
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Shred the Pepper Jack Cheese, slice the Green Onions, peel and mince the Garlic, chop the Cilantro, and add all of them to a medium bowl.
- Add the Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Chili Powder, and Kosher Salt to the bowl and stir together until well mixed. Set aside.
- Slice each Jalapeno lengthwise, dip your fingers in the Canola Oil, rub the Canola Oil on the outside of the Jalapenos, and place on the baking sheet.
- Spoon the Cheese mixture into each Jalapeno until you used all of it (about 1 Tablespoon per Jalapeno).
- Bake until the Jalapenos have softened and the cheese is slightly browned (about 18 – 20 minutes). Serve hot.