This dish was created for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was “Dorm Food”. I never stayed in a dorm but I did eat cheaply during college. The one dish that stood out was top ramen with an egg. I decided to recreate this but with a dish that I actually want to eat and I love ramen.
This was really good but I can only imagine how much better it would with a broth instead of water.
Even though this recipe does call for package ramen, I typically try to get the higher quality ones at an asian market. Also, different types of noodles would go with this as well.
A** Blood is a hot chili powder that I make with ghost chilis but you can use any sort of hot sauce or powder.
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Add 4 cups of water. 1/2 Cup Kimchi, 1/2 Cup Bean Sprouts, Mirin, Olive Oil, Toasted Sesame Oil, Rice Vinegar, Smoked Paprika, Soy Sauce, Red Pepper Flakes, A** Blood, Kosher Salt, and Ramen to a medium pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to cook for as long as the package indicates (mine was 6 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare the soft boiled Eggs; in a small pot bring about 1/2 inch of water to a boil.
- Using tongs, slowly place the eggs into the boiling water, cover, and cook for 6 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, slice the Green Onions into small strips and place in ice water. Set aside.
- When the eggs are done, carefully empty as much as the hot water out and fill the pot with cold water. Wait about 1 minute.
- While waiting for the eggs to cool; start preparing the Ramen; spoon the Ramen into 3 bowls and top with Kimchi, Bean Sprouts, and sliced Green Onions.
- When the Eggs are cool enough to peel, carefully peel each Egg, and place into a bowl.