Since I am still making dishes for /r/52weeksofcooking, I decided to make it a little more interesting, I decided to make each meal with a drink. I have only had horchata in a restaurant and via a powder so I decided to make it myself and holy hell this was delicious.
This drink definitely takes some time to make but it is well worth it and it makes enough to drink for a while or with a lot of people. Also, I am a bit of a lush so adjust the rum as you see fit.
- Course: Drink
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Waiting Time: 270 minutes
- Mix the Rice and 8 Cups warm water in a bowl and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Reserving the water, drain the Rice, and place in a food processor.
- Add the Cinnamon and process until a paste forms (about 1 minute of pulses).
- Return the Rice Paste to the water and let stand for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
- Stir in the Milk, Condensed Milk, Vanilla Extract, and Rum until evenly blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve over ice.