This is a basic rice dish that I use for many side dishes when making many different types of dishes. The best part is that it is extremely customisable to however you want to make it. Bonus, is that it is really easy and quick.
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Waiting Time: 10 mins
- Heat the Canola Oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the Rice and top with the Garlic Salt and Cumin. Cook until the Rice is puffed and golden, stirring constantly (about 7 – 10 minutes).
- Stir in the Red Onions and cook until tender (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Stir in Tomato Sauce and Chicken Broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, uncover, fluff with fork, recover, and let sit covered for 5 – 10 minutes.