This dish was created for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was “screw ups”. Well I still do not own a pasta maker or ravioli stamp so I attempted to make it using just a rolling pin. I think I finally got it! The trick is to make sure you cover everything in your house in flour! That being said, these were absolutely delicious. I would make these any day and honestly, were not too hard. Plus, I made enough to freeze that I do not have to make it that often.
Next time, I definitely will make it a bit more spicy though. I ended up running out of Flour so I substituted whole wheat flour and it turned out fine. Also, you can make the Chicken Tikka, Paneer, Cilantro Mint Chutney, Ginger Garlic Paste, and Curry Powder before time.
A** Blood is a hot chili powder that I make with ghost chilis.
- Course: Entree
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Preparation Time: 100 mins
- Cooking Time: 55 mins
- Waiting Time: 115 mins
Chicken Tikka Ingredients
Cilantro Mint Chutney Ingredients
Ginger Garlic Paste Ingredients
Curry Powder Ingredients
Chicken Tikka Masala Ravioli Ingredients
- Place 4 wooden skewers in water.
- Start marinating the Chicken Tikka; in a large bowl, combine the Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Cumin, Cinnamon, Cayenne, A** Blood, Pepper, Ginger, and Salt.
- Stir in the Chicken pieces, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, start making the Paneer; line a large colander with a large double layer of cheesecloth, and set it in your sink.
- In a large pot, bring the Milk to a gentle boil over medium heat while constantly stirring. This will take a while based on your stove.
- When the Milk comes to a gentle boil, add the Lemon Juice, and turn the heat down to low.
- Stirring gently, you should almost immediately see the curds and whey separate. If the curds and whey are not separating, add another tablespoon of Lemon Juice and increase the heat while stirring.
- Remove the pot from the heat and carefully pour the contents into the cheesecloth-line colander.
- Rinse with cool water, grab the ends of the cheesecloth, and twist the ball of cheese to squeeze out the excess whey.
- Tie the cheesecloth to your faucet and allow to drain for about 5 minutes.
- Twisting the ball to compact the cheese into a block, place it on a plate with the twisted part of the cheesecloth on the side, and set another plate on top. Weigh down the second place with some cans or a heavy pot.
- Move to the refrigerator and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Make the Cilantro Mint Chutney by adding Cilantro, Mint, Ginger, Garlic, Serranos, Coconut, Kosher Salt, and Lemon juice to a food processor.
- Puree while adding water as needed. Set aside.
- Make the Ginger Garlic Paste by adding the Garlic, Ginger, and Olive Oil to a food processor.
- Pulse until it makes a smooth paste, adding more Olive Oil if needed. Set aside.
- After marinating for 1 hour, preheat a grill for high heat.
- While the the grill is heating up, thread the Chicken pieces on the skewers, discarding the marinade.
- Oil the grill grate and cook until done (about 5 minutes per side).
- Shred the Chicken into a bowl, along with the Cilantro Mint Chutney and Paneer. Set aside.
- Start making the dough by mixing the Flour and Kosher Salt in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, gently beat the eggs.
- Make a well in the centre of the Flour, add the egg, and with a fork, mix into the flour. Add water as needed to make the dough into a ball.
- Knead for about 5 minutes, until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest on the counter for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, make the curry powder; dry roast the Coriander Seeds, Cumin, Fennel Seeds, Cardamom, and Cinnamon Stick.
- Grind into a fine powder and set aside.
- After 30 minutes, divide the dough into 8 parts. Working with 1 part at a time, keep the other parts covered to keep from drying out, either roll the dough out with a pasta maker or use a rolling pin to roll out the dough as thin as possible on a well floured surface.
- Fold the dough in half, making a crease in the middle, and then re-open it. Start filling the ravioli by placing about 1 heaping Tablespoon of filling 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Moisten all of the exposed dough lightly with water, fold the dough along the crease, press down to remove excess air, and pat down around each lump of filling.
- Using a cookie cutter, stamp, or sharp knife, cut the ravioli into shapes, and push down along the edges with a fork. Place the excess dough in the next piece.
- Set the dough aside, cover with a towel to avoid drying out, and repeat for the remaining pieces.
- Start the sauce by heating the Olive Oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the Onions and Ginger Garlic Paste and cook until soft and aromatic (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Add the Tomato Puree, 2 teaspoons of the Curry Powder, Basil, Kosher Salt, and Pepper. Stir together and cook for about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, start cooking the ravioli by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- After 10 minutes, transfer the sauce to a blender, blend it completely, return to the pot, add the Heavy Cream, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, add the raviolis to the boiling water, cook for 3 – 4 minutes, remove from water, and drain.
- Serve the sauce over the raviolis.