The soup is very customisable and you can pretty much take most of the stuff out or leave it in. The options are up to you!
A** Blood is a hot chili powder made from ghost chilis but you could use any hot chili powder like Cayenne.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- While the Olive Oil is heating up, dice the Yellow Onion, peel and dice the Garlic, and peel and grate the Ginger. Add everything to the large pot.
- Cook until just before the Onions are soft and transparent, stirring occasionally (about 2 – 4 minutes).
- Add the Curry Powder and A** Blood to the pot and toast for about 1 minute while stirring.
- Add the Pumpkin Puree, Red Lentils, Chicken Broth, Chicken, and Red Pepper Flakes to the pot. Cover the pot.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and allow to come to a boil.
- Add the Pepitas, turn the heat down to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes, taste, and add salt or any other seasons. I used about 1/2 teaspoon of Salt but it will depend on your Chicken Broth.
- Serve with a dollop of Sour Cream.