A** Blood is a hot chili powder that I make out of ghost chilis but any hot chili powder or hot sauce would work.
4 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (about 2 lemons)
2 Cups Cilantro
1 Cup Mint
1 1/2 lb Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
1 Tablespoon Bacon Grease
1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
3/4 teaspoon A** Blood
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cardamom
1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
1 Cup Coconut Milk
3 Cups Cooked Basmati Rice
- Seed and chop the Jalapeno, Serrano, and Habanero. Peel and mince the Garlic. Squeeze the Lemons.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the Cilantro, Mint, Jalapeno, Serrano, Habanero, Garlic, Lemon Juice, and 1/2 cup of Water. Puree until smooth and set aside.
- Chop the Onion and cut the Chicken Thighs into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the Canola Oil and Bacon Grease over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped Onion and cook until softened (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Add the Chicken and Turmeric and cook until the chicken is golden in spots, stirring occasionally (about 7 minutes).
- Add the A** Blood, Cinnamon, Cardamom, and Cloves and cook to toast the spices for 1 minute.
- Add the Cilantro puree and Coconut Milk, season with Kosher Salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low or medium-low to keep a simmer and simmer until the sauce is slightly reduced and the Chicken in tender (about 15 minutes).
- Serve over Basmati Rice.