The sugar in these can be adjusted as you see fit.
I did not have tart molds so I used a muffin tin. If using a tart mold, I would adjust the temperature to a higher temperature.
These went really well with some sliced strawberries on top even though they are not pictured.
- In a food processor or mixer attached with a dough attachment, mix together the Confectioners’ Sugar and Flour.
- Cut up the Butter into smaller pieces, add it to the Flour mixture, and mix until the Butter is in smaller crumbs.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the Egg.
- Stir in the beaten Egg and Vanilla Extract. Mix until the mixture forms a dough. The texture of the dough should be slightly moist. Add more Butter if the dough is too dry or more Flour if the dough is too moist.
- Grease a couple muffin tins. Shape dough into small balls and press the balls in the muffin tin so that the dough covers the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In a small pot, combine the White Sugar and 3/4 Cups of Water, and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the Sugar is dissolved (about 1 minute), remove from heat, and let come to room temperature (about 10 minutes).
- While the Sugary Water is cooling, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and in a small bowl, beat the Eggs.
- When the Sugary Water is at room temperature, strain the beaten Eggs through a sieve, and whisk into the Sugary Water.
- Stir in the Vanilla Extract and Evaporated Milk.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl and fill the shells.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling has set (about 15 minutes).
- Serve warm or cool.