These can very easily be made with beef as well and I am sure they will be just as delicious.
The choice of cheese is definitely up to you.
I used a homemade Barbeque Sauce. This is an ingredient that I used to always buy and not make myself. Do yourself a favour and make it, you will thank me later.
Whiskey Grill Onions
- Start by making the onions; heat the Canola Oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, slice the Onions.
- When the skillet is hot, add the sliced Onions, and cook for about 3 minutes, breaking the Onions apart as they cook.
- Cook for about 20 minutes. When the Onions start to get a bit dry, add 1 teaspoon Whiskey and alternate with 1 Tablespoon of Water.
- Meanwhile, heat up the grill for medium.
- As the grill is heating up, combine the Ground Bison, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Salt, and Black Pepper. Form into 8 patties.
- On 4 of the patties, place the Cheddar Cheese, and then add another patty on top.
- Place the patties on the grill, brush on some Barbeque Sauce, and cook the burger patties for about 4 minutes.
- Flip the patties, brush on some Barbeque Sauce, add the Swiss Cheese, add the Hamburger Buns to the top rack to toast, and close the lid. Cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- When the patties are done cooking, place the patties on the Hamburger Buns, top with Grilled Onions, any other additions (sliced Tomato, lettuce, etc.), and condiments (I usually just use more Barbeque Sauce).