Also, I had bought Limes and Parsley for garnish for this meal but completely spaced using it after I was done cooking… oops.
I used a homemade chicken broth which does not have a lot of salt so mine needed some salt at the end but if your chicken broth is fairly salty, you might not need it.
- In a large pan, heat the Canola Oil over medium-high heat.
- While the Oil is heating up, dice the Onion and peel and mince the Garlic. Add the diced Onion and minced Garlic to the hot oil and cook until translucent (about 2 – 3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, remove the skin from the Chicken if it has it. Add the Chicken to the pan and brown for 2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in the Turmeric and Oregano and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir the Corn and Rice and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the Chicken Broth, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Once everything is boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is soft (10 – 20 minutes).
- Taste and add Kosher Salt and Pepper.