These are very versatile and you can add anything you want to them. Experiment with different combinations! This is just a list of what I normally have on hand to make them.
- Take the butter out and let sit out for about a hour to soften.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Rolled Oats, Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and Cinnamon until combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, on medium speed, beat the softened Butter and Brown Sugar until light and creamy (about 1 – 2 minutes).
- Add the Egg and Vanilla. Continue to beat until light and creamy again (about 30 seconds).
- Add the half of the Oat mixture and beat on low until just combined. (about 30 seconds).
- Add the Milk and White Sugar. Beat until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Add the rest of the Oat mixture and beat until just combined (about 30 seconds).
- Remove the bowl from the mixture and fold in the Walnuts, Coconut, Dried Fruit, Butterscotch Chips, and Chocolate Chips.
- Pour the mixture into a greased dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool (about 15 – 30 minutes). Cut into 12 pieces.