This makes a little bit too much Enchilada Sauce so just weigh out the correct amount before cooking.
As with most Mac and Cheese, I like it to top it with A** Blood which is a hot chili powder I make out of ghost chilies but you could use any sort of spice.
Mac and Cheese
- Start by making the Enchilada Sauce; in a small pot combine the Flour, 1 tablespoon Chili Powder, and Canola Oil. Heat over medium heat until it starts to bubble (about 1 – 3 minutes. Whisk and cook the paste for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour 1 cup of cold water while whisking.
- Add the Tomato Paste, 1/4 teaspoon Cumin, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Powder, Cocoa Powder, and 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Let the sauce come up to a simmer and cook until desired thickness (about 3 – 5 minutes). Set aside.
- Remove the Corn and place in a bowl to thaw. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the Enchilada Sauce, Evaporated Milk, Eggs, 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper (about 10 cranks), 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder, and 1/2 teaspoon Cumin until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring some salted water to a boil. Add the Chicken Thighs and cook until done (about 40 minutes for bone-in thighs).
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add the Macaroni and cook to al dente per package instructions (about 8 – 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, shred the Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheeses, chop the Cilantro, half, seed, peel, and dice the Avocado, and chop the tomatoes. Set aside.
- When the Chicken is done, remove the Thighs with tongs, shred, and set aside.
- When the Macaroni is done cooking, drain, and discard the water.
- Return the Macaroni to the pot, as well as the Butter and thawed Corn. Turn the heat on low and stir until the Butter has melted (about 1 – 2 minutes).
- Add the Enchilada Sauce mixture and slowly add the shredded Cheeses. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the Green Chiles, shredded Chicken, and 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro.
- Once well combined, top with the diced Avocado, Tomatoes, more Cilantro, and some A** Blood.