I used Marionberry Whiskey because I live in Oregon so we have to have Marionberry everything. You could also use any fruit liquor that you have.
Also, I used cake mix because I am lazy. Shoot me. I bet it would be even better with a home made cake.
Cream Cheese Sauce
- Set the Cream Cheese out to soften.
- Make the Red Velvet Cake per package direction for 2 layers. Set aside 1 1/2 of the layers for cake pops, freeze, or top with frosting. Keep 1/2 a layer of Cake and cut into 1/2 inch pieces or crumble.
- In a medium bowl, stir the Frozen Raspberries, Fresh Raspberries, Sugar, and Marionberry Whiskey. Mash the Fresh Raspberries a little bit while stirring. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the softened Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar, and Milk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, add the Whipping Cream, Powdered Sugar, and Vanilla Extract.
- Starting at the lowest speed, gradually increase the speed to medium high. Whip until stiff peaks form (about 2 or 3 minutes).
- Assemble in glasses in this order: Red Velvet Cake pieces, Berry Filling, Cream Cheese Sauce, Whipped Cream, Red Velvet Cake pieces, Berry Filling, and Whipped Cream. Refrigerate for 5 – 10 minutes to let the cake soak up the Berry Filling.