I asked my girlfriend what she wanted me to make for breakfast and she told me she was craving Pizza. Now, I don't think she was answering my question but I went with it anyway and I am glad I did. This was a perfect morning dish but it could be just that I want pizza all the damn time. The egg was
- Start by making the Dough.
- Combine the Sugar and Active Dry Yeast with about 3/8th Cup of Warm Water. Stir to dissolve the Sugar and Active Dry Yeast. Let it sit until it starts to foam (about 5 – 7 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine 1 Cup of Flour and the Salt. Stir to combine.
- When the Yeast is foamy, pour it into the Salted Flour and stir with a wooden spoon until completely mixed. Use your hands to form the dough into a ball. Using your hands, knead on a lightly floured surface for 3 minutes, adding flour to keep Dough from sticking. Set the Dough aside.
- Adjust the oven rack to the highest rack and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Start making the bacon by either frying or baking it. I usually bake it in a smaller counter top oven. Chop into smaller pieces.
- Make the Pizza Sauce.
- Combine the Butter and Flour in a small pot and heat over medium-low heat while whisking until simmering.
- Continue to simmer and whisk for about 1 minute.
- Whisk the Milk into the Butter and Flour mixture. Allow it to come up to a simmer, whisking frequently.
- When the Milk reaches a simmer, turn off the heat, and whisk in the Salt and Garlic Powder. Set aside.
- Thaw the Frozen Spinach and squeeze out any liquid. Chop the Tomato.
- Flatten the Dough into a circular disk and then use a rolling pin to flatten to fit on a 12 inch pizza pan or skillet. I used a cast iron skillet.
- Prepare the pizza pan or skillet with some Olive Oil Spray and Cornmeal. Stretch the Dough on to the pan.
- Pour the Pizza Sauce over the Dough and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the thawed Spinach over the surface of the pizza, followed by the chopped Tomato, chopped Bacon, and 1/2 Cup of the Mozzarella Cheese.
- Crack the Eggs on to the pizza, evenly spaced, add some Freshly Ground Pepper, and top with the remaining 1/2 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake until the cheese and crust are golden brown (about 10 – 12 minutes). Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes to allow the eggs to finish cooking.