Getting the water in the beer cooler to the perfect temperature was a huge pain but I think I have decided to buy a real machine after this.
10 Chicken Drumsticks
to taste Kosher Salt
to taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Olive Oil Spray
1/2 Cup – 1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Hoisin Sauce
4 Green Onions
2 1/2 Tablespoons Peanuts , unsalted , roasted , and chopped
2 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro , chopped
to taste Dried Red Pepper Flakes
Cooked White Rice
- Season the Chicken Drumsticks with the Kosher Salt and Black Pepper and place in 2 large zip lock bags.
- Seal the bag by using a vacuum seal or using the water immersion method.
- Add water to beer cooler and get it to 160 degrees. I achieved this by adding water from my faucet at the hottest setting and then adding boiling water and checking the water with a thermometer.
- Place the zip lock bags into the water, close the lid on the beer cooler, and let cook for 2 hours without opening the beer cooler.
- After 2 hours have passed, remove the zip lock bags from the water bath. Remove the wings from the zip lock bags and transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet for easy cleanup.
- Heat Broiler to high.
- Dust each Drumstick with Flour and spray with the Olive Oil Spray. Broil until crispy (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the Drumsticks from the broiler and generously brush with the Hoisin Sauce. Return the Drumsticks to the broiler and continue to broil under the sauce is caramelised (about 2 minutes).
- Meanwhile, chop the Green Onions, Peanuts, and Cilantro.
- Serve over Rice and top with the chopped Green Onions, Peanuts, Cilantro, and Dried Red Pepper Flakes.