I used about 1/2 a teaspoon of Kosher Salt for the Salsa but depending on your ingredients, you could use more or less.
3 Roma Tomatoes
1/2 Red Onion
1 Habanero Pepper
2 Serrano Peppers
2 Jalapeno Peppers
1 Tablespoon Cilantro , chopped
to taste Kosher Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/2 Ground Cumin
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
4 (6 oz) Tilapia Fillets
8 Corn Tortillas
- Prepare the salsa; peel, pit, and dice the Avocado and place in a bowl with the juice of the Lime. Peel, seed, and dice the Mango and place in the bowl.
- Chop the Tomatoes, dice the Red Onion, Habanero Pepper, Serrano Peppers, and Jalapeno Peppers, and place in the bowl. Add the chopped Cilantro and Kosher Salt.
- Mix together and set aside.
- Combine the Smoked Paprika, Brown Sugar, Dried Oregano, Garlic Powder, Kosher Salt, Ground Cumin, and Red Pepper Flakes in a small bowl. Spread the mixture flat on a plate.
- Heat the Canola Oil in a cast iron skillet.
- Coat each side of the Tilapia Fillets with the spice mixture.
- Cook the Tilapia Fillets about 3 minutes on each side, until desired degree of doneness.
- Shred the blackened Tilapia and warm the Corn Tortillas.
- Serve by placing the shredded Tilapia on the warmed Tortillas topped with Salsa.