I have made chili a number of times but I try to change it up every time. This time, I think that I should have used more spicy ingredients. I was definitely satisfied and the fritos gave it a good crunch.
I typically make my own black beans but canned can be used as well
- Heat a cast iron dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- While the dutch oven is heating up, mince the Garlic, chop the Jalapeno Peppers, Serrano Peppers, and Habanero Pepper, and place in a cast iron dutch oven.
- Add the Ground Kanagroo and Ground Pork to the Garlic and Peppers. Cook until all meat is browned, stirring and chopping up the meat as it cooks (about 5 – 10 minutes).
- When the meat is browned, add the Tomato Sauce, Diced Tomatoes, Green Chiles, Kosher Salt, Oregano, Cumin, and Chili Powder. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, making sure it simmers the whole time.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the Kidney and Black Beans. Add the Beans to the dutch oven, cover, and continue simmering another 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the Corn Meal with 1/2 Cup Warm water in a small bowl. Add to the chili and cook an additional 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Chop the Red Onion and grate the Cheddar Cheese.
- Serve by topping the Cheddar Cheese on the Fritos, adding Chili, adding more Cheddar Cheese, and then finishing off with the chopped Red Onion.