3 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Almonds , slivered
2 Tablespoons Onion , chopped
1/3 Cup Wild Rice , uncooked
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Cornish Game Hens
to taste Kosher Salt ,
2 Cornish Game Hens
1/4 Cup Butter , melted
- Melt Butter in a small pot over medium heat.
- While the Butter is melting, chop the Onion and sliver the Almonds. Stir in the Almonds, Onions, and Wild Rice. Saute until the onions start to soften but not brown too much (5 – 10 minutes).
- Mix in the Chicken Broth and 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the rice is tender (45 minutes – 1 hour).
- When the Rice mixture is done cooking, remove from heat and fluff with fork, and cover.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season each Cornish Game Hen inside and out with Kosher Salt. Stuff each Hen with the Rice mixture. Melt the Butter.
- Place each Hen on a foil covered baking pan. Brush each Hen with the melted Butter.
- Cover the baking pan with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking until the hens are fully cooked and no longer pink (about 1 hour).