3 Tablespoons Butter
1 1/2 lbs Carrots
1 small White Onion
1 small Yellow Onion
to taste Kosher Salt ,
1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger , grated
2 Cups Chicken Broth
3 Large strips Orange Peel
Chives , chopped
- Melt the Butter over medium heat in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the Carrots and mince the Onions so that you have 2 Cups of minced Onions.
- Add the sliced Carrots and minced Onions to the melted Butter until the Onions soften (about 5 – 6 minutes), stirring occasionally. About half way through the cooking, add 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt.
- Peel the Ginger and Orange Peel.
- Add the Chicken Broth, 2 cups of Water, peeled Orange Peels, and grate the Ginger directly into the pot. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the carrots are soft (about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Remove the strips of Orange Peels.
- Working in small batches, pour the Soup in a blender so that it comes up about a 1/3 of the way up the blender. Cover the blender with a rag, leaving a hole for steam to release, and puree until smooth (about 30 seconds). Transfer the soup to a large pot or container. It took me about 3 blends.
- Mix the Soup thoroughly and add Kosher Salt to taste.
- Transfer the Soup back to the pot and heat through
- While the soup is heating, chop the Chives.
- Serve warm with the Chives as a garnish