The home made corned beef really made a difference and the meat just melted in my mouth.
I mentioned corned beef with a spice packet in this recipe but I actually used home made corned beef and used the simmering spices for the salt packet. Definitely worth doing at least once.
Since I had so much corned beef, I actually doubled this recipe but it used 2 slow cookers in order to accomplish that.
After attempting to make my own corned beef to make myself a reuben, I had quite a bit of corned beef left over and I could think of nothing better than some corned beef & cabbage. The fact that it was one of the colder days in the past month might have affected my decision as well. Plus, I do not c
- Peel and slice the Carrots, clean and quarter the Potatoes, and slice the Onion.
- Place the Carrots, Potatoes, and Onion into the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour in about 4 cups of water and place the Corned Beef on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the Beer over the Corned Beef and sprinkle the Spices on the Corned Beef.
- Cover and cook on high for about 8 hours.
- Core and Chop the Cabbage.
- Stir in the chopped Cabbage. Cook for 1 more hour.