I used about 1/3 teaspoon or so Salt and Pepper but use your best judgement.
8 Slices Bacon (3/4 lb)
2 Heads Cabbage
1/4 Cup Flour
1 Tablespoon Caraway Seed
to taste Kosher salt
to taste Ground Black Pepper
to taste 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar , Cup
1/2 Cup White sugar , to taste
- Slice the Bacon into pieces.
- Core and shred the Cabbage.
- Lay 1/4 of the bacon pieces across the bottom of a large pot. Cover with 1/2 head of shredded Cabbage. Sprinkle Flour to dust, add some Caraway Seed, and season with Salt and Pepper. Repeat until you run out of bacon and cabbage.
- Fill the pot with enough water to come about 3/4 up the side (about 6 or 7 cups). Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the cabbage is soft, stirring occasionally (about 45 minutes).
- Let cool slightly. Stir in Vinegar and Sugar about 1/8 cup at time, tasting after each addition.