For the sauce, I used a version of my Marinara Sauce that I made with Italian Sausage and Kangaroo. You could use store bought or make your own.
Also, after making this and reading a bit more recipes, this would probably be better if the chicken breast was thinner or pounded thin.
Next time I would probably reduce the amount of Flour, Bread Crumbs, and Egg since I had a lot left over.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season each Chicken Breast on both sides with Salt and Pepper. Then dredge in the Flour, tap off the excess, dip in the egg, let the excess drip off, and then dredge in the Bread Crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat Olive Oil until just before smoking over high heat. Add 2 Chicken Breasts to the pan and cook until golden brown (about 1 – 2 minutes per side). Transfer to a baking sheet and cook the other 2 Chicken Breasts. Transfer the last 2 Chicken Breasts to the baking sheet.
- Top each Chicken Breast with Marinara Sauce, some slices of Mozzarella Cheese, Salt, Pepper, and about a tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through (about 10 – 20 minutes, the thinner the less time it will take).