This was prepared when I attempted to make Chiles Rellenos. I saw attempted because the Chiles Rellenos was a failure but this salsa was delicious and I will definitely be making it again. This could be used as a dip or to top on another dish.
- Half and core the Tomatoes, slice the Onion, peel and dice the Garlic, and stem and dice the Chiles.
- Heat the broiler in high and arrange a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil. Place the tomato halves, skin-side up, on the baking sheet. Scatter the sliced Onion, minced Garlic, and minced Chiles around the Tomatoes.
- Broil until the Tomato skins start to blacken and blister, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blinder, add the Lime Juice and Salt to a blender. Using a towel over the blender, create a vent to let the steam escape and blend into a smooth puree (about 1 minute). Taste and season with more Salt and Lime Juice.
- Either server or transfer to a pot and keep warm over low heat.