I use a homemade chicken broth which does not have a lot of salt so if you use store bought, I would reduce the salt amount.
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (1/2 stick)
1 White Onion
1 lb Fresh White Mushrooms
2 teaspoons dried Dill Weed
1 Tablespoons Hot Smoked Paprika
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Cup Whole Milk
3 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon) Ground Pepper
teaspoons 2 Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Melt the Butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- While the Butter is melting, chop the Onion and slice the Mushrooms.
- Add the chopped Onion and saute in the Butter for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sliced Mushroom and saute for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Dill, Paprika, Soy Sauce, and Chicken Broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Milk and Flour.
- Pour the Milk mixture in the soup, stir well, cover, and simmer for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop the Parsley.
- Stir in the Salt, Black Pepper, Lemon Juice, Parsley, and Sour Cream. Stir to blend well and allow to heat through still using low heat (about 3 – 5 minutes). Make sure to avoid letting it boil.