I used jasmine rice but any white rice should work
I also used homemade chicken broth which does not have a lot of salt in it so you can use cans from the store but you might have to adjust the salt.
- Heat Canola Oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Chop the Onion, seed and chop the Jalapenos, and peel and mince the Garlic.
- Add the Onion, Jalapenos, and Garlic and saute until the onion is translucent (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in the Turmeric, Cinnamon, and Rice. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Mix in the Chicken Broth, 1/2 cup of Water, and Bay Leaf. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until the liquid is absorbed (about 20 minutes).
- Chop the Green Onions.
- Remove from the heat, fluff with fork, and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped Green Onions.