I used a ghost pepper in this but you could use any hot pepper depending on your tolerance.
Like I said, the sauce was a bit thin and I think it is because of instead of store bought tomato sauce, I just pureed some fresh tomatoes from my friend’s garden. While I loved the flavour, it could have been thicker.
This went really well with some homemade naan.
- Mince the Garlic, grate the Ginger, grind the Dried Ghost Chili, and place in a food processor
- Puree the minced Garlic, grated Ginger, ground Dried Ghost Chili, Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Curry Powder, Cumin, Garam Masala, Mustard Seed, and Olive Oil until well mixed (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- Chop the Chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a slow cooker.
- Chop the Onions, Carrots, and Shallots and place in the slow cooker over the Chicken.
- Top everything with the Tomato Puree, Cinnamon Sticks, and spice mixture.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove the Cinnamon Sticks and add Kosher Salt to taste.
- Top with chopped Parsley and serve with Basmati Rice and/or Naan