I used my homemade chicken broth so you might need to use less salt if you use broth from the can.
1/2 lb Bacon
5 Cups Chicken Broth
4 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 White Onion
4 Cloves Garlic
1 1/2 Cups Arborio Rice
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese , grated
to taste Salt
to taste Black Pepper
- Dice the Bacon.
- Cook and stir the diced Bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until browned (about 10 minutes). Drain the Bacon on paper towels and reserve.
- Bring Chicken Broth to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Dice the Onion and mince the Garlic.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of Butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the Onion and Garlic. Cook and stir until the Onion starts to turn Golden Brown (about 2 – 3 minutes).
- Add the rice and stir and cook until the rice is coated in Butter and starts to toast (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in 1/3 of the hot Chicken Broth and stir and cook until the Rice absorbs the liquid. Repeat the process twice until all of the Chicken Broth is used up.
- Remove the risotto from the heat. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of Butter, Parmesan Cheese, and Bacon.
- Season with Salt and Black Pepper.