This meal is very versatile in what ingredients that you want to use. I just used a lot of ingredients that I already had. For example, I already had frozen broccoli, edamame, and chicken breasts and drumsticks.
Stir Fry Base
1 Cup Jasmine Rice
1 1/2 – 2 lbs Chicken Pieces
5 Cloves Garlic
2 Bay Leaves
2 Bell Peppers (I used red and orange)
2 Cups Broccoli , fresh or frozen
1 1/2 Cups Edamame, fresh or frozen
2 teaspoons Canola Oil
4 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
4 Tablespoons Sherry
4 Tablespoons Chicken Broth
4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
2 teaspoons Corn Starch
- Start by preparing the rice; add the Jasmine Rice and 2 cups water to a pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the liquid is absorbed (10 – 20 minutes).
- Fluff with fork, cover, and let sit off the heat for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Spread the Rice in a thin layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator to cool while you cook the other ingredients.
- Prepare the chicken by mincing the Garlic and adding to a pot with the Chicken pieces and bay leaves. Cover the chicken with a few inches of water and bring to a full boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the Chicken is cooked through (about 10 – 15 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking, slice the veggies if using fresh. Add the veggies to a parchment paper lined baking sheet, leaving room for chicken. If there is not enough room, just cover the veggies with parchment paper and put the chicken on top.
- When the chicken is done cooking, slice the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool (about 15 minutes).
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the Soy Sauce, Sherry, Chicken Broth, Brown Sugar, Rice Vinegar, Sesame Oil, and Corn Starch in a small bowl. Separate the sauce into 2 different freezer bags and place in the freezer, making sure the bags have no holes.
- Split up the rice and place the rice in 2 freezer bags and add to the freezer. Add the veggies and chicken to the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
- After everything is frozen split up all of the ingredients into 2 different freezer bags, trying to remove as much as the air and you can. You can use a vacuum sealer or partially close the bags around a straw and suck out the air.
- Finally add all ingredients into 2 different larger freezer bags, trying to remove as much air as possible. Place bags in freezer until ready to eat.
- When ready to make the stir fry, start by defrosting the sauce by placing the bag in a bowl of hot water.
- Place the rice in a medium bowl and loosely cover with a paper towel. Microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Heat up Canola Oil in a wok or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Chicken in a single layer and cook through (about 4 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add the Veggies to the skillet and cook until heated through (about another 4 minutes).
- Add the Rice and the Sauce and cook for an additional minute.