2 Cups Sushi Rice
1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
6 Sheets Nori
1/2 lb Smoked Salmon
2 Tablespoons Wasabi Paste
- Start by preparing the rice. Add the Sushi Rice, 2 1/2 Cups Water, and Vinegar to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and all liquid has been absorbed (about 20 minutes).
- Let stand, covered, for an additional 10 minutes. Set aside or refrigerate to cool enough to touch.
- While the rice is cooling, prepare the rest of the ingredients; peel, pit and slice the Avocado, peel and slice the Cucumber, and cut the Salmon into long strips.
- Cover a bamboo mat with plastic wrap.
- Place 1 sheet of Nori on bamboo mat, rough side up. Press a thin layer of rice on the Nori, using wet fingers.
- Dot some Wasabi Paste on the rice, add the Cucumber, Avocado, and Salmon.
- Roll up the bamboo mat and squeeze the roll tightly.
- Slightly wet a sharp knife and cut the ends off of the roll and cut into smaller pieces.