2 Tablespoons Olive Oil , plus extra
2 Bay Leaves
2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
1 White Onion
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes cans
2 Cloves Garlic
1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
to taste Kosher Salt ,
to taste Freshly Ground Black Pepper ,
2 lbs Halibut
8 Slices French Bread
- Heat 2 tablespoons Olive Oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, slice the Onion and Green Bell Pepper and chop the Garlic and Cilantro.
- When the oil is hot, add the Bay Leaves and Paprika, stirring. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the Onion, Green Bell Pepper, Tomatoes (with juice), Garlic, and 2 tablespoons of chopped Cilantro. Season with Kosher Salt and Black Pepper. Cover and cook until the vegetables are softened (about 10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, skin and chop the Halibut into bite sized pieces. Season with Kosher Salt and Black Pepper.
- Add 1 cup Water to the mixture and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Stir in the Halibut. Cover and simmer until the Halibut is cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Divide the stew among bowls. Top each bowl with Cilantro and Olive Oil. Serve with Bread