This dish is part 2 of a dish created for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was barbecue. While I have main grilled shrimp many times, this is the first time I have used this marinade and it came out absolutely delicious, the shrimp did not need any thing else.
- Mince the Garlic and chop the Basil.
- Combine the Garlic, Olive Oil, Tomato Sauce, Red Wine Vinegar, Basil, Salt, and Cayenne Pepper in a large bowl or resealable bag.
- Peel the Shrimp and add to mixture, making sure all pieces of shrimp are coated well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- About 15 – 20 minutes before cooking, soak skewers in water and preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers and lightly oil the grates.
- Cook shrimp until they are opaque, about 3 minutes per side.