This dish is the first part of a whole dish prepared for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was barbeque. While I have always loved good barbecue food, I wanted to make something that I have not made before and this was very close. While the flavour of the chicken was really good, I
- Mince the garlic, juice the lemon, and cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Combine Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, minced Garlic, Oregano, and Salt in a large resealable bag. Mix.
- Add Chicken and coat with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Peel and grate Cucumber and mince the Garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the Greek Yogurt, grated Cucumber, Olive Oil, White Vinegar, minced Garlic, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 or 2 hours.
- About 15 – 20 minutes before cooking, soak wooden skewers in water and pre-heat a grill for medium high heat.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers.
- Lightly oil the grate of the grill and cook the skewers until chicken is no longer pink on the inside. About 8 minutes per side.