In this dish I cooked my bacon in the oven because it is easier and I am lazy but you could just as easily fry it as well.
8 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice (about 1/2 a small lemon)
6 Cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
to taste Salt
to taste Ground Black Pepper
4 Skinless , Boneless Chicken Breasts
to taste Feta Cheese
4 Slices of Bacon
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Cup Uncooked Orzo
2 Cups Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese , grated
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil , chopped
to taste Salt
to taste Pepper
2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil , chopped
- Place bacon slices on a baking sheet wrapped in foil (for easy cleanup) and place in a non-preheated oven.
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees and cook for 12 – 15 minutes depending on your desired crispiness.
- Remove bacon from oven and wrap in paper towels to drain.
- While the bacon is cooking, squeeze the lemon, peel and mince the garlic.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken.
- Stuff each chicken breast with a slice of bacon and feta. If the chicken breast does not stay closed, use a toothpick to secure.
- Bake uncovered for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pot over medium-heat.
- When the butter is melted, stir in the orzo and saute until lightly browned, stirring frequently (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil (about 1 minute).
- Cover and reduce the heat and simmer until the orzo is tender and the liquid is absorbed (about 20 – 25 minutes).
- Mix in the parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish is basil.