This recipe also calls for canned black beans and I usually make my own beans and freeze or can them so they have a bit less salt but adjust to your taste.
You can top this chili with pretty much everything but my favourite is some cheese and home made guacamole.
I came home from work and wanted to be able to make something that was fast, easy, and I had all or almost all of the ingredients. This was a welcomed meal because I had to buy very little and it came out really well. As always, next time I will change it up a bit or cook it differently if I had mor
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Heat Olive Oil over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven and add the onion and Garlic. Cook until softened (2 – 4 minutes).
- Add the Kangaroo and cook until cooked through (mine was a little bit frozen in parts so this took some time). Break up the ground meat as it cooks.
- Add the Black Beans (undrained), the Diced Tomatoes (undrained), Tomato Paste, Chili Powder, Cumin, Smoked Paprika, Oregano, and A** Blood. Stir to combine.
- Let the chili simmer for about 10 minutes to let the liquid thicken.
- Taste the chili and add salt as needed (I needed a little bit less than 1/2 of a teaspoon). Serve with you favourite chili toppings.