1 lb Flank Steak , thinly sliced
Can 1 Unsweeted Coconut Milk , full fat 13.5 oz
2 Tablespoons Panang Curry Paste
2 Tablespoons Crunch Peanut Butter
5 teaspoons Fish Sauce
4 teaspoons Dark Brown Sugar
1 Red Bell Pepper , very thinly sliced lengthwise
1 White Onion , thinly sliced
5 Thai Chilis , chopped with seeds
1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
1/2 Cup Frozen Green Beans
Packed 1 Loosely Basil Leaves , torn Cup
1 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice (about 1 – 2 limes)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spoon the thick coconut cream from the top of the can into the skillet (mine did not have cream so I just used a few tablespoons of the milk).
- Add the curry paste and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and beginning to dry (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in the remaining coconut milk, peanute butter, fish sauce, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer. Stir in the red pepper and onion, cover, and cook until they are crisp-tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add the sliced beef, peas, beans, and basil; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the beef no longer looks raw, (3 – 5 minutes).
- Stir in the lime juice and serve over rice. Add chili paste or other additions.
Next time I will definitely being using fresh green beans. I would have this time but my store was out for some reason. Also, I will keep the peanut butter but also include some chopped peanuts for crunch.