I am actually surprised that this turned out well because of how many mistakes that I made. Do not worry though, I have corrected them for this post. Like not forgetting to add salt and including hot sauce. Also, any type of pasta should work but I used what I had on hand. A** Blood is a home made c
- Begin boiling water in a large pot. When the water is boiling, add the pasta, and cook per the package directions (7 – 11 minutes).
- Meanwhile, start to prepare the sauce. Mince the garlic and add to a medium pot with the butter. Cook over medium-low heat until the garlic is soft and fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add the pumpkin puree and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Add the nutmeg, chili powder, cayenne pepper, A** Blood, pepper, and chicken. Stir everything and let the sauce simmer while the pasta cooks. Stir occasionally. Turn down the heat if it starts to boil or pop.
- Once the pasta is done cook, drain the a colander.
- As the pasta is draining, add the heavy cream to the sauce and stir into the sauce.
- Taste the sauce and add salt if needed. This will depend on the type of chicken broth used. I used my homemade chicken broth which is not very salt and had to add about 1/2 a teaspoon.
- Stir in the drained pasta into the sauce.
- Serve hot topped with hot pepper sauce and cheeses.
I tried with a couple different hot sauces and felt that a more vinegary hot sauce worked the best.