This dish was created for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was chocolate. I have always felt that mole is either hit or miss and I have never been the hugest fan but I have never made it before. While I found this really good, it is still not my favourite. Side note: I made this l
- Chop onion, garlic, and chipotle peppers.
- Place onion, raisins, garlic, sesame seeds, chipotle peppers, peanutr butter, and crushed tomatoes in slow cooker.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, A** Blood, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, cocoa powder, and chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the rice.
- Heat oil in a large pot. While oil is heating up, chop the onion.
- Stir in the onion in the oil and cook until tender (3 – 5 minutes).
- Mix rice into pot, stirring often, until rice begins to brown (8 – 10 minutes).
- Stir in chicken broth and salsa.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve rice and chicken mole in heated tortillas or taco shells
This came out pretty hot so if you cannot handle heat, reduce the chipotle peppers to 1 pepper and omit a hot powder but leave in the chili powder.
I used jasmine rice because it is what I had but any white rice should work.
Also, I used shredded cooked chicken because it is what I had. You could use raw chicken, just remember to shred it after cooking before serving