1/2 Cup Butter
1 lb Frozen Broccoli
8 Cups Chicken Broth
1 lb Cheddar Cheese
2 Cups Milk
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
2/3 Cup Cornstarch
1 Cup Water
- In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.
- While the butter is melting, chop up the onion and add to the melted butter.
- Cook onion until softened and translucent (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Stir in broccoli and cover with chicken broth.
- Bring everything to a simmer and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the cheese into small cubes.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Stir in milk and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until the cornstarch is dissolved. Stir the cornstarch slurry into soup.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently until thick