How could this be bad? Tortellini, veggies, and cheese? It did come out a little saucey rather than just have the sauce coat everything so next time I might use less broth and cheese. Still was delicious though.
1 Tablespoon Butter
4 Cloves Garlic
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Squash
2 Cups Chicken Broth
8 Oz Cream Cheese
2 Cups Chicken , shredded
1 19 oz Frozen Tortellini Bags
1/4 Cup Plus More Parmeasn Cheese
to taste Salt and Pepper
1/4 lb Frozen Broccoli
- Take the broccoli out of the freezer and set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a large pot.
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and add to the melted butter.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the carrots, I cut them into half rounds but you could dice as well. Add the carrots to the pot.
- Dice the orange bell pepper and add to the pot.
- Cut up the squash into quarter rounds and add to the pot. Continue to cook until the squash is soft (3 – 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and turn the heat up to medium.
- Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and add to the pot. Stir the vegetables and cheese until the cream cheese is fully melted.
- Let the sauce come up to a simmer and add the chicken.
- Add the frozen tortellini to the pot and bring back up to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 5 additional minutes.
- While the tortellini is cooking, cut the broccoli into smaller pieces.
- Add the parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and sriracha to the pot. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Add the broccoli and cook until just long enough to heat through (3 – 5 minutes).