This dish was prepared for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was offal. I have always like chicken hearts but this was my first time cooking them. It was a lot easier than expected but the sauce was a little thin so I would make some changes next time. A** Blood is a home made chil
- Slice onion into thin slices, slice mushrooms, and add to the crock pot
- Cut the hearts lengthwise into thirds and add on top of crock pot.
- Add the garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and A** Blood.
- Pour chicken broth over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- After the hearts cook, bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook for 7 – 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, turn the heat on the slow cooker off and wait 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and yogurt and allow to sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve the stroganoff over the noodles.