This dish was prepared for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was dried fruit. This was an incredibly easy dish with a nice mix of sweet fruit and tang.
8 oz Goat Cheese , room temperature
1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
1/2 teaspoon Dried Tarragon
1 1/2 teaspoons Chives , chopped
to taste Kosher Salt
to taste Black Pepper
4 quartered Dried Apricots ,
1/2 Cup Pistachios , chopped
- Mix cheese, thyme, tarragon, chives, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Roll mixture into small balls (about 1 inch).
- Make a small hole in each ball and press an apricot piece into the center.
- Mold cheese around apricot.
- Roll cheese ball in the chopped pistachios.
- Place on parchment paper and chill 20 minutes before serving.