This dish was prepared for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was pan sauces. I have made a number of pan sauces in the past without second thought so when this theme came up, I really had to think. This was so damn delicious and decadent, I will definitely be making this again. A**
- Start making the rice. Put the rice, water, and salt in a pot. Turn the heat to high.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to low, and cover.
- Simmer until all the water is absorbed (about 10 – 15 mins).
- Meanwhile, start making the sauce: Heat a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the wine, lemon juice, garlic, and shallots. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Simmer until the mixture is syrupy (about 3 mins).
- Stir in the cream and cook 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the butter a spoonful at a time.
- Whisk until all the butter is melted.
- Serve or set the sauce aside.
- Mix the fish spice blend. Stir in the flour and almonds.
- Dredge the fish in the seasoning and set aside.
- In the same skillet used to make the sauce, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the fish to the skillet and cook for 2 – 4 minutes each side.
- Serve fish on rice and top with sauce.