Lasagna Sheets (fresh or store bought)
4 Italian Sausages (about 1 lb)
2 or 3 Jars Pasta Sauce
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Cup Romano Cheese (or similar)
32 oz Ricotta
16 oz Mozzarella Cheese , shredded (plus more)
Clove 3 Garlic
4 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley
to taste Black pepper ,
- Prepare fresh lasagna sheet or cook dried lasagna sheet.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and cook with the onion and garlic.
- In a bowl, mix the romano (save some), black pepper (about 10 cranks), ricotta, eggs, and parsley.
- Grease a casserole dish. I use a 13 1/2 x 9 inch dish.
- Pour about 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 Cups of pasta sauce on the bottom of dish followed by 1/3 of the lasagna noodles, 1/2 the mozzarella (save some for later), 1/2 the meat and onion mixture, and 1/2 the cheese mixture.
- Repeat step #5.
- Pour 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 Cups pasta sauce, the last 1/3 of the lasagna noodles, another 1 1/2 – 1 3/5 Cup of sauce, and top with the romano cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna for 45 minutes.
- Take the lasagna out of the oven add mozzarella cheese to the top.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Take the lasagna out of the oven and let sit for 10 – 15 minutes.
Letting the uncooked lasagna sit in the fridge helps all of the flavours meld into the noodles. You can skip this step but if you do, use less pasta sauce or it will be soupy.