My friend and I like to have cheap food and wine night and this is the dish that started it. Mainly because I usually have everything involved. I know this is not authentic Hungarian Goulash but I do not care. A** Blood is a hot chili powder that I make, here is the recipe (http://www.cucumbertown.c
- Ground the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Drain off the fat if necessary.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic and cook until softened (2 – 3 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Add the diced bell peppers (I usually use red and orange) and cook until softened (2 – 3 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Add the red wine and stir well to get the browned bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Add the soy sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, bay leaves, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, and A** Blood. Stir to combine.
- Add the water, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the macaroni, replace the cover and let the macaroni cook until soft (about 10 minutes). Stir occasionally to prevent the macaroni from sticking to the bottom. Make sure the mixture is constantly simmering.