This dish was prepared for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was “candied”. I have made candied bacon before but never like this but my ways have now been changed.
- Start by making the candied bacon. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the brown sugar, rice vinegar, agave nectar, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the bacon slices on cooling rack over a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Flip the bacon slices and bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove the bacon and brush both sides with the brown sugar mixture. Return to the oven and bake another 5 minutes.
- Repeat the process every 5 minutes until the bacon is crisp as you like. I ended doing it 3 times for a total of 15 minutes.
- Now make the deviled eggs. In a mug or bowl, microwave the sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved (1 – 2 minutes).
- Place the sliced jalapeno in the sugar water and set aside.
- Halve the eggs long ways, scoop out the yolks, place the yolk in a food processor, and put the egg whites on a serving tray.
- Add the cream cheese, miracle whip, sriracha, and mustard to the food processor.
- Process until a smooth paste. While the processor is running, slowly add the rice vinegar until the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Scoop the yolk mixture back into the egg whites.
- Chop up the candied bacon to your liking and add to the top of the egg whites.
- Top each egg with a slice of the reserved jalapenos.
- Garnish with paprika.
You can substitute the agave nectar for honey and the miracle whip for mayo.