8 oz Penne Pasta
1 15 oz Diced Tomatoes Cans
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese (plus extra)
1 15 oz Alfredo Sauce (or make your own) Cans
1 Cup Shredded Chicken
to taste Parmesan Cheese
Clove 2 Garlic , minced
4 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Flour
3 Cups Milk
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
to taste Black Pepper
to taste Salt
- Begin to boil a large pot of salted water for the pasta.
- While it comes up to a boil, make the alfredo. Add the garlic to a small pot and cook it over medium heat with the butter until the garlic has softened and become fragrant (3 – 5 minutes).
- Add the flour, stir and cook the flour for an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and increase the heat to medium-high. Keep whisking until the mixture comes up to a light simmer and the mixture coats a wooden spoon.
- Turn the heat to the lowest setting and whisk in the parmesan cheese. Add the nutmeg, black pepper, and salt to taste making it a little bit saltier than you normally do.
- The water should be boiling so add the penne and cook how you normally do or per the package.
- Add the can of tomatoes with the juice to a small pot and turn the heat on medium-low to cook off most the liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Keep the pasta and tomatoes stirred and occasionally add the mozzeralla cheese to the alfredo sauce until it gets sticky.
- When the pasta is done, add the chicken to the alfredo sauce, and drain the pasta in a colander.
- Add the pasta, chicken alfredo sauce, and tomatoes to a greased casserole dish.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Take the casserole dish out of the oven and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot and top with parmesan cheese
You can use pretty much any type of pasta with it and make so many changes to it if you want but I almost always have all the ingredients.