I do not usually have bread around my house so when I woke up and realised that I had some, I decided to make french toast.
- If you are using fresh bread, toast the bread slightly to make dry.
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and sugar.
- Spread cream cheese on half of the bread slices and top with strawberries.
- Top the bread slices with the other half of bread.
- Dip each side in egg mixture for a few seconds.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot and top with agave, honey, or maple syrup.
I would have preferred these to have some more eggs and cinnamon which I will do next time. The dish is very versatile.