I got a coupon for halibut in the mail but when I went to go buy it, I found out that the store was out. This made a very good substitute though
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and grate the ginger and mince the cloves of garlic.
- Combine the ginger, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cut the salmon into 2 pieces. Prepare a baking sheet with foil. Place the salmon on the foil and cover with the brown sugar mixture, keeping as much on top of the fish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the brown sugar mixture is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice. Rinse the rice and add it to a pot with the water and salt. Bring the rice mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Cover the rice and turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 – 12 minutes, until the water is gone.
- Remove from heat, fluff with fork, cover, and let sit 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve the salmon over the rice hot.
I used salmon with the skin on but if your salmon does not have skin, cover the foil with a non-stick spray. You may also use a rice cooker for the rice but I do not have one.