This was dish prepared for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was historic foods. This is really fun to make because how many other times can you set your kitchen on fire and it be a good thing.
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
4 Bananas , peeled , halved , and cut lengthwise
1/4 Cup Dark Rum
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add brown sugar and stir together.
- Add bananas and cook over medium-high heat until carmelised.
- Pour in the rum and either catch a flame from the gas stove or use a BBQ lighter.
- Let the flame go out on its own and serve over ice cream, on waffles, or whatever you want.