This was for the subreddit, /r/52weeksofcooking, where the theme was street food. Plus, who does not love tacos?
1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
3 Cups Shredded Cabbage
2 Cups Shredded Chicken , cooked
1/3 Cup Hoisin Sauce
inchs 8 Tortillas 6 –
1/4 Bunch Cilantro
- In a large bowl, stir together the rice vinegar, sugar, salt, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper until the sugar is dissolved.
- Wash and peel the carrot and grate the carrot into the bowl with the dressing.
- Add the cabbage to the bowl with dressing and stir until everything is coated.
- Make sure the chicken is heated through, drain, and stir in the hoisin sauce until the meat is well coated.
- Roughly chop up the cilantro.
- To make the tacos, warm up the tortillas, and add 1/4 cup chicken, 1/3 cup slaw, and a couple pinches of cilantro.
You can substitute the meat for other meats to your liking.